SkinMedica is a San Francisco-based company that specializes in anti-aging creams and lotions to help restore elasticity to aging skin.
And, it appears from what Web Watch reads on other sites, that they will make an anti-aging cream just for you… if you send them your baby’s foreskin to use as an ingredient. It must be true, as it was allegedly announced as such on an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show in 2007.
And we know that Oprah wouldn’t lie to us, would she? Besides, SkinMedica isn’t the only company doing this. A different company uses foreskins to make Vavelta, which is injected to help smooth wrinkles as Botox does.
Here’s what Penn & Teller’s program BULL$#!T had to say about it:
Here’s a “didja know” item for you: one infant foreskin can produce four acres of engineered skin with a five-day shelf life, and can earn as much as $100,000.
But honestly, an anti-aging cream made from infant foreskin really is the least of our worries when it comes to unusual products to make us look pretty, isn’t it? It was just one of many items on this LIST OF STRANGE BEAUTY PRODUCTS:
- Perfume made from Whale Vomit
- Flirty Pheromone Lotion
- Moisturizer made from Snail Goo
- Bull Semen Hair Treatment
- Snake Venom Facials
And those are not the only unusual inventions Web Watch uncovered for you today. Nope, it was just the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended). But we’ll wait for a later post to share another of today’s finds with you.
- 7 Things To Look For During a Self Exam
- Looking for something to TiVo on New Year’s Eve? Try RED BULL NO LIMITS
- Introducing “My New Pink Button” (sometimes the jokes write themselves)
- Products to Help Check Yourself for Breast Cancer
- Q: How many different chemicals do women put on their face every day? A: 515
- A New Year’s Resolution: To Stop Washing with Soap