We’ve all seen BACK TO THE FUTURE, where all you need to have is an almanac of sports results from the future in order to make yourself a billionaire.
But the concept does lend itself to a bigger question if you were to time-travel further back in time to when ancient civilizations could be really impressed with what we see as everyday, common technology: WHAT WOULD YOU BRING WITH YOU FROM THE FUTURE THAT WOULD MAKE ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS BELIEVE YOU WERE A GOD?
Like you don’t already think of yourself as a god anyway.
Here are seven tips for how to select the most perfect item that isn’t a Bic lighter. You don’t want to duplicate anything you’ve seen in a movie like Black Knight, folks. That would be just to easy…
- Keep it simple. Remember, these are people who don’t know that water evaporates in the sun.
- Don’t make it battery operated. When the batteries run out, so do you
- Does it look amazing, with sound and lights and movement? If so, then it’s “magic”. Oooooo.
- Can you lie about the item’s real purpose? Good. No reason to tell these folks that a spork is not the Most Deadly Killing Machine Known to Man
- Speaking of sporks, if the ancient people can use a spork without you telling them how to use it, then you’ve got a problem on your hands. Once one person knows how to use a spork, then they’ll tell two friends, and they’ll tell two friends, and soon – your +1 Spork of Destiny is not longer unique and special
- Is it something that the ancients will benefit from? All the more reason for them to revere you and what you’ve brought them
So think carefully — with these guidelines, what would you bring to the time travelling party? Comment below….
- Like Blind Item Celebrity Gossip? So Do We!
- Instants! Because everyone needs an awesome sound effects soundboard
- Found Item Clothing
- According to the AP Stylebook, they are spelled “website” and “e-mail”
- 11 ways to enjoy bicycling with your dog
- Think your job sucks? It can’t suck any worse than one of these (where’s Mike Rowe?)