Sports fans are a finicky bunch.
When a player does really well and wins for their team, those players can do nothing wrong.
When a player does something that loses The Big Game, those players can have a black mark on them that will follow them for the rest of their lives.
We all remember the superstars fondly, and wear their jerseys proudly. The goats? Not so much.
So it should come as no surprise that when Forbes magazine conducted a survey of the MOST HATED PLAYERS IN THE NFL, that there was one player that stood out amongst the rest: Michael Vick.
No matter how well he plays now, he will always be remembered for what he did previously. He’s not just a famous football player. He’s become infamous.
If Michael Vick is number one, who else made the list of disliked players?
- Plaxico Burress
- Ben Roethlisberger (Web Watch can vouch for this after spending just a weekend vacationing in Pittsburgh and talking with the locals about the Steelers. Ben hasn’t made a ton of friends in town, from what we’ve heard.)
- Albert Haynesworth
- Jay Cutler
- Chad Ochocinco (even if he did win over some fans with his stint on Dancing with the Stars)
- Vince Young
- Carson Palmer
- Tony Romo
- Jeremy Shockey
And for ever list of Most Hated, we should be sure we play fair. It’s always nice to recognize the good guys once in a while, right?
So here’s Forbes’ list of the MOST LIKED NFL PLAYERS too:
- Ndamukong Suh
- Aaron Rodgers
- Troy Polamalu
- Drew Brees
- Charles Woodson
- Adrian Peterson
- Sam Bradford
- Brian Urlacher
- LaDanian Tomlinson
- Peyton Manning
- Michael Jackson Auctions Off His Stuff
- The Football Fan’s Guide to Wearing Your Team’s Jersey
- Michael Jackson Auction Update
- The 10 jobs that people hate the most, and 10 jobs that people absolutely love doing
- The Manliest City in America is…. Charlotte?
- Apparently, Michael J. Fox is a nice guy. And an alien.