If you have to go to work, why not go someplace where you WANT to go.
Because work should be fun (even though it’s called “work”).
The Wall Street Journal asked over 6500 young professionals where they really, really, really wanted to get a job with, and we really shouldn’t be surprised with the results.
It’s all about the work environment, the culture. They want challenging work, but also a fun an strong culture.
The top tech companies are all present:
- Electronic Arts
- The Walt Disney Company
- The FBI
- The CIA
- The Mayo Clinic
- Whole Foods Market
- The CDC
- The US Army
- US State Department
At the bottom of the list? Yeah, the more practical, every-day jobs. Nothing overly exciting when you look at this list, is there? Doesn’t mean the jobs aren’t awesome — just that the companies reputation isn’t that strong in the “fun” department. They’ve gotta work on that.
- TE Connectivity
- The Hartford
- The Best Companies to work for? How about “Where do YOU want to work most?”
- The Best 200 Jobs for 2011: from Software Engineer to Roustabout
- Top 12 Most Overrated Jobs in the World
- The 10 jobs that people hate the most, and 10 jobs that people absolutely love doing
- Calling in sick to work? Don’t use one of these excuses
- How to Get Ahead at Work: Sleep with the Boss