We won’t lie. Web Watch loves us some roller derby.
The matches are wildly entertaining, it’s a relatively inexpensive evening out, and you’ll be laughing and cheering for your favorites all night long. We can’t recommend attending a local match in your area highly enough.
But there is one thing that’s always nagging us:
Because you’ve seen their names, and be honest – some of them sound a bit scary to you, don’t they? After you’re done laughing at the witty wordplay, you really have to admire the creativity. Here are just a small sampling from the over 32,000 registered names on the above-linked Rollergirl’s Name Registry:
- Zsa Zsa More Gore
- Strange Bruise
- Smearilyn Monroe
- Smell Ma Pits
- Oopsie Bruisy
- Misti McFisti
Did we mention that there are over 32,000 names on the registry? You’re going to have to click over and scroll through to see if there are any names there that strike your fancy.
So how should you go about GETTING YOUR OWN ROLLER DERBY NAME?
You could pop over to MIA PSYCHO’S ROLLER DERBY NAME GENERATOR and get your own.
Depending on what version of Web Watch we entered into the system, we are either
- Brawler Antagonism
- Anita BackstabHer … or …
- Jamie AnnihilateHer
- Just in time for the Kentucky Derby: The Ultimate Bourbon Ball Recipe
- A Kentucky Derby Bourbon Balls Recipe
- The 25 Most Common Clown Names are not a laughing matter
- Smelly People Should be Banned from Buses and Roller Coasters
- Baby names to avoid if you don’t want your child to grow up to be a stripper
- Thank you, Ralph Bruno, for inventing the Cheesehead hat