And apparently, Web Watch’s crusade to clean up everyone’s daily language is reaching new ears every day, and others are beginning to pick up the gauntlet in our favor.
So while the use of VAJAZZLE has certainly fallen a bit out of favor recently due to our successful campaigning to stop the humanity, there are other phrases that need to be immediately taken out to pasture and shot.
At least, that’s the philosophy behind the annual LAKE SUPERIOR STATE UNIVERSITY list of WORDS THAT SHOULD BE FOREVER BANISHED.
- Fiscal Cliff. Can’t tell you how we could agree more with this selection.
- Kick the can down the road.
- Double Down
- Job Creators / Job Creation
- Passion / Passionate
- Spoiler Alert
- Bucket List
- Boneless wings
On the bright side, they are actively asking for NEW WORDS TO BE BANISHED FOR ALL ETERNITY , and all they ask is that you scroll through their complete list of banished words so you don’t make any duplicate submissions.
You don’t want to waste their time by asking them to ban a word that’s already been banned, do you?
Lucky for us, MAN CAVE is already on the banned list. VAJAZZLE andBABY MAMA, unfortunately, are not. But there’s still hope – if enough of us join together, we can rid our language of words that really are no longer needed anymore or are just dumb.
But if you do submit something, let us know in the comments below what you decided to send in. Let’s get the word out… literally… of our lives.
- The 100 Most Mispronounced Words in the English Language
- Why your 2-year-old is cussing you out, and the 10 most frequently used curse words
- Words that are not needed: “Baby Daddy”, “Mancave”, and “Vajayjay”. (Vajazzle, you’re okay)
- Words I Love. Words I Hate. Literally.
- The 100 funniest words in the English language
- Um, what’s YOUR “crutch word”?