Parents everwhere struggle with listening to that old child-friendly music over and over, trying to find ways to stop going mad.
Maybe it’s not the song that’s the problem, but the way that it’s presented that’s the issue. Maybe if you were able to take one of those ever-popular children’s songs that you absolutely couldn’t hear one more time, and heard what it would sound like when done in the style of the music of your generation (whatever generation you are from, that is).
So with that, check out Scott Bradlee’s take on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star:
Evolution of Popular Music
Some of the over 20 different music styles Scott plays in this piece include:
- Boogie Woogie
- New Wave
- Gangsta Rap
- Pop Rock
- Modern Alt Rock
What’s your favorite version, the one that you could actually see yourself having to listen to more than, say, a few dozen times in a row?
- This Decade’s Best Music Video is by the White Stripes (duh!)
- Want to be in a music video? Open casting call is online now – all you need is a webcam
- Video Fun: Love is a Battlefield, the literal music video version
- Video Fun: Phenomenal International Music Videos
- Video Fun: Unexpected Music Mashups
- Video Fun: Star Trek overdub parodies