The rules of a filibuster are quite clear — you can usually speak for as long as you want, as long as you do stay on topic and don’t leave the floor.
In Texas, you’re not even allowed to lean or sit. It’s not easy to continually talk about a specific topic for hours on end, let alone do it without a bathroom break.
So it’s the inevitable question: CAN YOU PEE DURING A FILIBUSTER?
The answer, not surprisingly, is “yes”. As long as you can pee in the chamber — such as in the video below. Maybe that’s where the term “chamber pot” comes from?
- Peeing in Space, Revisited: How Urine May Power Space Flight
- Why is there ice in the urinal? (and other bathroom sanitation ideas)
- There is no joy in using a space toilet in anti-gravity
- Differences between women dating men and women dating women
- Practicing proper bathroom etiquette
- Can you pee after getting a Brazilian Wax? Apparently, not so much.