How many diet sodas do you drink in a day?
Two? Three? Twelve?
There’s a reason Diet Coke is more popular than regular Coca-Cola — people just like the taste better, regardless of whether they’re drinking it because it’s a diet beverage or not.
But have you looked at the ingredient label lately?
The one ingredient that should stick out to you is ASPARTAME. It’s a sweetener from Monsanto that’s in, like, a gazillion products.
And would you believe that ASPARTAME IS MADE FROM POOP?
Technically, not poop. But aspartame is manufactured from the waste product of e.coli bacteria, and e.coli is often associated with feces.
Yeah, there’s a bunch of chemical reactions that take you from e.coli to the sweet, sweet taste of your favorite diet beverage. But isn’t this the sort of thing that would just make you want to give up drinking any diet beverages ever again?
Yeah, we thought so.
- New study shows vegan diet is not boring or has too many carbs
- The “Don’t Eat That, Don’t Eat That” Diet. Lose weight by not eating gross stuff
- Are your children fat? Blame all that soda you’re feeding them
- Now your poop can be like art, with all the colors of the rainbow
- On a diet? Here are 200 calorie snacks you can have (some are better than others)
- Everything you’ve always wanted to know about bird poop