Who doesn’t love a delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie?
Web Watch tends to buy ours at the store, but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the hard work that others put into baking us delicious treats. In fact, as we type this we are anticipating our annual delivery of homemade cookies from some friends who pride themselves on making the BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER… but only choose to do so once a year, in order to make them even more special for those of us who receive them.
Are they good? Definitely. Could they be better?
Likely yes — if you were to believe the science that has gone into identifying these 21 TIPS FOR MAKING THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE.
Let’s face it – cookie enjoyment is completely subjective. Some people hate raisins in their cookies (they look like chocolate chips at times). Some like cookies that are softer, denser, chocolatier, crumby, less-crumby, thick, thin, loaded with chips, with just a few chips, etc. The variations on a cookie are endless…. but thanks to these 21 tips, you can customize your cookie recipe to appeal to your inner Cookie Monster.
Some of the tips include:
- Resting your cookie dough overnight will yield a better flavor than cookie the dough immediately. Let the flavors meld.
- No need to use the fancy vanilla. Save some money. (Of course, you already know what vanilla extract is made from, right?)
- Don’t use chips if you can hand-chop a bar of chocolate into pieces.
- Smooth dough creates a smooth cookie. If that’s not what you want, then barely work the dough as you add the flour.
- Cookies made with white sugar end up being crispier than cookies made with brown sugar
- Use butter over shortening. Butter gives you more flavor
If you want to skip reading over the very helpful 21 tips that describe why your crappy cookies turn out, well, crappy — then you can pop straight over to the BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE that takes all of the 21 tips into consideration. The recipe takes about a day to make and yields around 28 cookies (that’s 2 dozen cookies, plus four left over for the chef).
Try it out, and let us know in the comments if you agree that these do end up making the BEST COOKIES, EVER. If you disagree, please share your recipe below, along with why your recipe is superior to the one we’ve linked to.
- Chocolate Oreo ice cream done in 40 seconds – The BlendTec Recipe
- FOOD ALERT! Girl Scout cookie Thin Mints are still smaller, so try this recipe
- Just in time for the Kentucky Derby: The Ultimate Bourbon Ball Recipe
- Six Chocolate-Bacon Recipes
- Eating milk chocolate makes you stupid
- A Kentucky Derby Bourbon Balls Recipe