Everyone loves a little bit of competition.
Keeping up with the Jones, for example, can drive one to excess consumption at the expense of your credit card payments.
But maybe you’re putting too much pressure on yourself. Maybe, you’re a lot more rich than you think you are.
That’s the premise behind the GLOBAL RICH LIST, a website dedicated to identifying HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.
Just type in your annual salary and click “SHOW ME THE MONEY” to see where you rank in the world.
Here’s the interesting part: it only takes an annual salary of US$47,500 to be in the TOP 1% of the richest people in the entire world.
Things drop off from there:
- $40k will put you in the Top 3.17%
- $30k puts you in the Top 7.16%
- $20k annual salary has you in the Top 11.16%
Puts things into perspective about what the Occupy Movement was complaining about with the “One Percenters”. Being in the top 1% of richest people in the world is a lot different when looked at in this manner.
Want to be in the top 50% of all richest people in the world? Split the difference completely between “rich” and “poor”? All you have to do is earn US$840 a year.
So where do you rank, for reals? Would you be able to live on $840/year ? How about trying to live on that for one month? Take the 50% challenge, and leave your experience comments below for others to know how you did.
- Give Me Back My Five Bucks: a personal finance guide for young adults
- How much is your favorite celebrity worth?
- 9 Things not to spend money on when you retire
- This is why we are broke
- Professional magicians earn an average of just $49k/year
- Want some twisted takes on Disney Princesses? Check out Jeffrey Thomas’ art gallery