Trolling through eBay auction listings can offer a laugh or two, with the misspellings, grammar, and unusual photographs with naked people in the background of shots (the infamous eBay teakettle, anyone?).
Have you wandered over to etsy.com? Etsy is an auction site just like eBay, but instead of offering ready-made items available at the local store, Etsy is a community of sellers who make their own items for sale. Some have called Etsy an “eBay for arts-and-crafts”.
So, with that in mind, Web Watch is proud to point you towards REGRETSY, a site dedicated to pointing out the really odd and unusual things that people have made out of bits and pieces that they are now trying to sell.
Among the more recent items found on the site:
- Appropriate for Halloween, a reaper figure… made from real human bones
- A felt brooch made to look like a slice of pizza
- A vampire-themed menstrual pad (it’s reusable!)
- An original oil painting of a grizzly bear wearing mittens fondling a naked woman (appropriately NSFW, in case you were wondering before clicking)
- A sock monkey converted into a loving Thriller-era Michael Jackson voodoo doll