Playboy has released their list of the TOP 10 PARTY SCHOOLS FOR 2009:
- University of Miami
- University of Texas as Austin
- San Diego State University
- University of Florida
- University of Arizona
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Georgia
- Louisiana State University
- University of Iowa
- West Virginia University
The criteria they used was based on 5 different categories, each worth 20 points total. The ultimate party school would, in theory, top the list at 100 total points. University of Miami came close to being ultimate, with 89 total party points. Surprisingly, the spread between #1 and #10 was quite large, as WVU had just 57 total party points.
The five judging criteria that made up the final equation were:
- Bikini: A combination of overall temperature, days of sunshine, the guy-to-girl ratio, and other related items
- Sex: An equation that included the Trojan Sexual Health Report Card and the College Prowler Strictness Score
- Campus Life: This formula took into account the number of bars and liquor stores near campus and the amount of Greek life at the school
- Sports: How big is the stadium compared to total enrollment, and how successful have the teams been in reaching a basketball or football national conference game?
- Brains: The school’s average GPA and student-teacher ratio, combined with the Princeton Review academic rating for the school.
And Playboy didn’t stop at the top ten, because they knew that some schools just barely missed the cut-off. So here is PLAYBOY’S LIST OF THE TOP 25 PARTY SCHOOLS FOR 2009:
- University of Maryland College Park
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Penn State University
- Lehigh University
- Arizona State University
…and you’ll have to click that link to see the rest of the top 25, along with Playboy’s reasoning for making the list. Good job to all of the winning schools.
Want to get your school judged for Playboy’s 2010 list? All you have to do is SEND PLAYBOY YOUR SCHOOL NOMINATION.