Web Watch wouldn’t be able to cover as many websites as we do without being able to read quickly and comprehend what we’re poking our heads into.
Reading fast is one thing; knowing what we just read about is something else entirely.
But the question can come up as you outpace your friends and family in reading the BIG BANG THEORY VANITY CARDS before they’re off the screen as to exactly HOW FAST CAN YOU READ?
Luckily, our friends over at STAPLES has come up with a way for you to know how many WORDS PER MINUTE you can read by taking their simple test.
All you have to do is relive your SAT days by reading a short few paragraphs of information, then answer some basic reading comprehension questions to show that you do know what you just read. Web Watch clocked in at 720 words per minute on our first pass, which we feel pretty good about. We know we’ll never hit 4700 words per minute, the current World Record – but we’re okay with that.
Give it a go yourself and let us know how well you’ve done in the comments:
- How fast is the Internet? It’s fast… but not “Cheetah-fast”
- Have a question about poop? Just ask Dr Stool…
- Fancy Fast Food
- The 10 most common ingredients in Fast Food
- Need to make some fast cash but don’t know what to do? Try some of these legitimate options
- Read This Book: William Poundstone’s PRICELESS – THE MYTH OF FAIR VALUE