How many of you have installed some piece of Internet-enabled equipment in your home?
And how many of you have left the default password the same on the device, thinking “who bothers with that kind of thing?”
A lot of you, apparently, do NOT care — and you leave the default password activated for pretty much everything in your home or office.
Let’s pop over to THIS WEBSITE where you can WATCH THOUSANDS OF UNSECURED SECURITY CAMERAS send their live feeds out to the world without a care.
Yup, these are those handy little IP cameras that are monitoring everything from dressing rooms to baby monitors to front porches…. everywhere that a camera could be that hasn’t been setup with a new password to override the default.
You can browse through the site, sorted by country, and get a little voyeuristic in seeing how other people live.
Is your camera listed? There’s no way to search by camera — but if it is posted, you can write to the website owner to get it pulled down. But before you do that, you might want to change your password to something a bit less… generic.
- Should You Change Your Password? Yes, yes you should.
- Are you secure? You’d be surprised how little time it can take to hack your password
- Your Password Sucks
- Picking a good password is important. “Tigger” is not a good password.
- How Playboy secures their wireless network
- More proof that you suck at choosing passwords