eSports is turning into a big business these days.
So how much money can a professional eSports video game player earn as a career? Let’s take a look at what the ATLANTA HAWKS ARE PAYING THEIR eSPORTS PLAYERS in the newly purchased NBA2K league team that they’re fielding:
Each 2K team consists of six players (one being a sub), with six-month salaries that range from $32,000-$35,000 salary. Players can also earn money from endorsements, meaning the top gamers likely earned six-figure incomes in their first year. The Hawks will also pay for housing, relocation, medical insurance and a retirement plan. Professionals in the Overwatch League, receive similar perks plus a $50,000 minimum base salary during the season.
So if parents are concerned about the viability of their children becoming professional video game players, they probably shouldn’t worry. Heathcare and retirement benefits? COUNT US IN!
- How much money can fantasy sports players earn?
- Michael Vick is the Most Hated Player in the NFL
- Professional magicians earn an average of just $49k/year
- It’s true: Popular Kids Will Earn More Money After Graduation
- How much money can a Youtube video earn when it goes viral? Let’s start at $150,000
- 9 Things not to spend money on when you retire