Web Watch enjoys food – whether it be the business of running a food place, the art of creating delicacies, or random food-related TV shows, food can be very entertaining.
Both the National Restaurant Association and food trend firm Technomic have released their lists of 2011 restaurant trends – so be on the lookout for these over the next few months as you go out to eat at your favorite place.
- Locally sourced, grown, or hyper-local meats, seafood, produce
- Sustainability as a culinary theme, such as sustainable seafood
- Nutritious children’s meals
- Gluten-free/food allergy-conscious items
- Back-to-basics cuisine
- Farm-branded ingredients
- Adult “Mad Men” style cocktails. Web Watch can attest to this, having attended a stylish cocktail demonstration a while back that showcased the proper way to mix classic cocktails albeit with a modern twist. While the chocolate martini was a smash hit, the garlic-infused vodka (perfect for bloody marys) was not very pleasant when tasted on its own
- Food trucks or temporary restaurant locales
- Social media
- Korean and beyond.
- More price awareness, whether it be from those looking to save or those willing to spend more for higher quality
- Improved convenience store menus
- Healthy vs. indulgent