You would think that the busiest travel day(s) of the year would be around the Thanksgiving holiday season.
You’d be wrong,
No, the worst day to travel – at least according to these 2013 AIRPORT TRAVEL STATISTICS – is JULY 18th.
Now granted, that exact day may not translate to the same date year after year, but when the TOP THREE WORST DAYS TO TRAVEL were all in July – there’s something going on during the summer vacation season that is making that happen.
What we’re trying to say here is that if you really don’t want to be delayed at the airport, then don’t travel in July.
Or the weekend before Christmas – those TWO days were the only… and let’s stress ONLY … winter dates that appeared in the 26 WORST TRAVEL DAYS LIST FOR 2013.
Not Thanksgiving or any time in November. Nope – Thanksgiving didn’t make the list until #27. Other than those two December dates, EVERY SINGLE OTHER WORST DATE IN THE TOP OF THE LISTING was from July, August, and June.
Kinda makes you think about changing your vacation time around a little bit, doesn’t it?
- The Top 15 Worst Airports for Holiday Travel
- Your horoscope sign may not be what you think it is
- The Absolute Worst Video on YouTube
- Busiest airport for Thanksgiving? Chicago’s O’Hare. Least busy? Akron/Canton
- Just what every 78-year-old man needs: an 18-year-old wife
- 10 Things You Don’t Know About… Yourself Until You Travel Alone