The NYTimes is reporting that a recent CDC survey on family life states that 96% OF PARENTS THINK THEIR CHILDREN ARE WELL-BEHAVED (see page 148 of report).
If you’ve been out to eat at a restaurant lately or shopped at the local mall, you know that perception just can’t be true.
Web Watch wonders what constitutes as “good behavior” nowadays, because what we were raised to show as good behavior certainly isn’t in evidence today. Parents have to stop trying to be their child’s “best friend” and actually be parents.
Still think your child is the best of the best? Here’s are just a few items of bad behavior that your child has probably done in the past week or so that you just laugh off, because the kids are being “cute”.
- Picks her nose
- Grabs anyone’s crotch
- Rides the dog
- Screams when excited
- Wakes you up before sunrise
Yeah – not quite the little angel anymore, are they?
At least there are some realistic parents out there – in the study, 20% admitted that their children were “somewhat” well-behaved.
No wonder today’s parents have decided the easiest way to deal with their kids is to plop them into the shopping cart and push the kids around the supermarket as they sleep or have their face shoved into the Latest Electronic Device.
Because that’s not parenting… that’s being a “friend”.
- Some Parents Insist Their Children Wear Clothes (This is News?)
- Today’s Fun Fact: 20% of parents regret what they named their children
- Doctors agree – Parents are letting their kids watch way too much TV
- STFU, Parents – because mocking bragging parents never gets old
- Why the Disney Dining Plan is popular: because kids eat free. Why not try this at home, too?
- Today’s Fun Sites: Crap Our Kids Made vs Crap Our Kids Ruined