Ford has produced the 2020 edition of their GREAT AMERICAN TRUCK SURVEY, to find out what’s behind the trend of consumers buying more trucks than cars this year (for the first time!), and what’s in store for pickup trucks in the future.
One takeaway from the survey: truck owners would rather give up sex than give up their truck.
Let’s take a look at some of the details from the survey of truck owners (across all brands – this wasn’t isolated to just Ford truck owners):
- 54% of truck owners are men vs 46% of women
- 25% of truck owners have given their truck a name
- 15% of truck owners have a truck-related tattoo
- 82% would give up a streaming service for a year than give up their truck
- 79% would give up alcohol for a year than give up their truck
- 44% would give up eating meat for a year than give up their truck
- and… 38% would give up having sex for a year than give up their truck
See the full survey results from Ford here: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/06/22/the-great-american-truck-survey-2020.html