Everyone likes to think of themselves as a good driver.
So ask your friends the next time you’re at a party: how many people have ever gotten into an accident? Caused an accident? Gotten a speeding ticket?
Got the speeding ticket for the highest speed over the limit?
You’d be surprised to hear all these driving horror stories from your friends, yet they would still consider themselves “good drivers”.
How surprised should you be? If your friends are anything like those in a recent survey – 99% of those surveyed all believe that they’re good drivers.
And yet there are a lot of idiots out on the road. We can’t all be great drivers, can we?
Which is really what the RISKY DRIVING BEHAVIOR survey was all about.
That while 99% of us think that we’re great drivers, sometimes our habits leave a lot to be desired.
- 76% of drivers eat or drink while behind the wheel
- 55% will exceed the speed limit
- 53% will talk on a cellphone
- 37% will drive when too tired to do so safely
- 25% will pick up their phone to search through the contacts list
- Texting while driving will kill you
- September 17th is “Seventeen Two-Second Turnoff Day”
- When you say you “love your car”, you mean you really LOVE your car
- Old people shouldn’t drive with cruise control turned on
- 25 Manners Every Kid Should Know by Age 9 (reminder for adults, too!)
- The Sexting Habits of American Adults