Visible Measures, a company that measures online video usage, has released a report that they’ve entitled THE MOST-VIEWED VIRAL VIDEOS OF ALL TIME.
They determined that this particular listing is the first one to compile videos solely based on being viewed more than 100,000,000 times each. Their sample size is based on 100 million different videos that appear on 150 different video sharing destinations, as opposed to just counting those videos that were viewed directly on the YouTube website. Those “embed” tags really proved their worth here.
18 videos made the list. Here are nine of them, including the top five most viewed videos:
- Soulja Boy: Crank That. 356,300,000 views
- Twilight Movie Trailer. 266,500,000 views
- Mariah Carey: Touch My Body. 230,200,000 views
- Jeff Dunham: Achmed the Dead Terrorist. 196,500,000 views
- Susan Boyle on Britain’s Got Talent. 186,000,000 views
Other videos that made the top 18 list include:
Charlie Bit My Finger… Again
Paul Potts from Britain’s Got Talent
Lezberado: Revenge Fantasies
Hanna Montana: The Movie