HOTLIX is not your typical candy company.
HotLix deals with all the candy that you won’t find in a typical candy shop, but can be found in some specialty-food stores.
Why a specialty-food store? Because HotLix’s specialty is making candy out of creepy-crawly bugs and insects.
Some of their products include:
- Worm Candy – lollipop-encased worms in tequila, watermelon, apple, or orange flavors
- Cricket Candy – lollipop-encased crickets in orange, grape, strawberry, or blueberry flavors
- Larvets – crunchy worms in BBQ, cheddar cheese, or Mexican spice
- Crickettes – high-protein crunchy crickets in salt and vinegar, bacon and cheese, or sour cream and onion flavors
- Scorpion Candy – scorpions encased in flavored lollipops, in blueberry, banana, apple, or strawberry. If you were wondering – scorpion venom is only lethal if the scorpion is still alive.
- Ant Candy – two versions: ants in hard candy (apple or cherry flavor), or ants in white chocolate wafers
- Butterfly Candy – not made with actual butterflies, but with “substitute insects and edible flowers”. In strawberry or blueberry flavor
- Chocolate-covered Insects – take your pick of crickets, worms, or ants – in white or milk chocolate.