They asked over 3,600 office workers about their coffee-drinking habits, and found that 32% of office workers require a cup of coffee to get through the workday. 43% said that they are less productive without their morning Joe. Web Watch figures this is why the majority of offices offer their staff free coffee — it’s a small cost to pay for happy workers.
Of those workers stating that they are more productive when they have coffee, these are the professions that needed it the most, ranked from “needs most” first:
- Hotel workers
- Financial/Insurance sales representatives
- Food preparers
- Marketing/Public Relations professionals
- Machine operators
- Government workers
The survey continued with some other interesting info:
- More than 2 in 5 Americans said that they are less productive without coffee.
- Those in the Northeast are more dependent on coffee, at 48%. The South was at 45%, West at 44%, and Midwest at 34%.
- Younger workers are more dependent on coffee than older workers, with 40% of American workers aged 18 to 24 stating that they can’t concentrate as well without coffee. Also, 43% of workers aged 18 to 34 stated they have lower energy if they don’t drink coffee.
- 37% said they drink two or more cups of coffee throughout the day