Earlier this year, Web Watch mentioned a study called PATHOLOGY IN THE HUNDRED ACRE WOOD: A NEURODEVELOPENTAL PERSPECTIVE ON A.A. MILNE that discussed which various mental and psychological illnesses the Pooh characters suffered from. Let’s recap, shall we?
- Winnie the Pooh has ADHD and OCD, has very little brain, and suffers from obesity and binge eating
- Piglet has a generalized anxiety disorder
- Eeyore has dysthymic disorder, housing problems, and suffers from a traumatic tail amputation
- Rabbit, it should come as no surprise, is narcissistic
- Tigger also suffers from ADHD and hyperactive-impulsive tendencies
- Kanga and Roo have to deal with Kanga being a single, unemployed parent while Roo hangs out with a bunch of undesirables – like Tigger
Now, it ends up that maybe, once again, we were ahead of ourselves.
It doesn’t do Web Watch readers any good to simply talk about the maladies that our favorite childhood characters may suffer from.
Not when Matthew Wilkinson has so expertly wrapped up those words into VISUAL EXPLANATIONS OF EXACTLY WHAT DISNEY CHARACTERS SUFFER FROM. Here are just two of his many, many examples that pull from the Winnie the Pooh stores, Snow White, and other Disney classics:
Yes, Matthew Wilkinson covers a wide gamut with his GIF creations. Feel free to check ’em all out next time you have a few minutes to kill.