Of course you’ve heard of Noma – it’s only been named the BEST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD for 2011. Still doesn’t ring a bell? Does it help if it also earned the Best Restaurant title in 2010 also?
Yeah, now you know what we’re talking about.
So while RESTAURANT magazine can’t go and visit every single restaurant in the world, they do have a pretty good handle on who the top chefs are and what makes them tick. Sure, the majority of these top places are located in Europe, but that shouldn’t stop you from trying to make your way to any of these fine establishments for a gourmet meal that you’ll never forget.
So where should you plan to go for your next outing? Let’s take a look at some of this year’s top winners:
- Noma. Denmark (voted best in Europe)
- El Celler De Can Roca. Spain
- Mugariz. Spain
- Osteria Francescana. Italy (voted Chef’s Choice)
- The Fat Duck. UK
- Alinea. US (voted best in North America)
- D.O.M. Brazil (voted best in South America)
- Arzak. Spain
- Le Chateaubriand. France
- Per Se. US
- Daniel. US
- Les Creations de Narisawa. Japan (voted best in Asia)
- L’Astrance. France
- L’Attelier de Joel Robuchon. France
- Hoc van Cleve. Belgium