We hear all sorts of stories about older couples at those “over-55” and “active lifestyle” communities getting it on in all sorts of freaky ways, that when we heard about this survey by the National Women’s Health Organization on the WELLNESS & ANTI-AGING BENEFITS OF SEX that we just had to share the details with Web Watch readers.
A survey of over 1000 women (ages 18+) studied the active sex lives of women to identify what was considered “healthy”. Here are some of what they found:
- Women are not prioritizing sex into their lives; they’re just too darn busy. The survey showed a trend of women feeling obligated to have sex with their partners more than they were having sex because they enjoyed it as well.
- Women who had sex at least 4 times per week appeared to look at least 10 years younger than their actual age
- 51% said that “a few times a week” was sexually healthy…. but only 30% are actually doing it that often.
- 66% said that they had sex once a week or less.
- Only 42% of those surveyed reported being “very” or “extremely” satisified with the connection with their partners. As one reviewer of the survey results said, “Good sex may be the ideal, but it’s not the reality for many women.”