“I smell old people,” says many kids upon their first visit to see Grandma and Grandpa.
It’s an unforgetable scent – that of medicinal cremes, ointments, mothballs.
And it’s a sensation that many people tend to find memorable, and not in a good way.
It turns out that there really is such a thing as OLD PERSON SMELL, and scientists have identified all the reasons why old people smell the way they do.
- No fresh air. Old people don’t like to air out their homes or apartments.
- Poor cleaning habits. Old people aren’t as able to clean their living quarters properly
- Bad laundry. Old people don’t like to do laundry very often
- Bad sense of smell. Old people can’t tell how bad their own environments stink
- Bad mouth hygiene. Old people get dry mouth, leading to bad oral health
- Dehydration. Old people don’t drink enough water
- Lack of bathing. Old people don’t bathe as often as they should
- Medicinal issues. Old people medicines are stinky
- Hoarding.Old people have old stuff. Old stuff tends to smell more than new stuff