Web Watch is on Twitter. We even send tweets on occasion.
But apparently, Web Watch is a rare bird in the world of Twitter, in terms of how we use Twitter versus everybody else in the Twitterverse.
First, before we go any further – why aren’t you following Web Watch on Twitter? Go ahead and take care of that right away, we’ll wait for you…
Why does Web Watch say this?
It’s all from a research study entitled AN EXHAUSTIVE STUDY OF TWITTER USERS AROUND THE WORLD. In this study, they looked in depth at over 36 million Twitter profiles and determined the following:
- At 53%, the majority of Twitter users are women.
- At 73.7%, the majority of Twitter users are between 15-25 years old
- The US is the biggest Twitter contributor, with slightly over 50% of all Twitter users.
- 81% of Twitter users have 50 or fewer followers.
- 60% of Twitter users have zero followers.
- 74.1% of Twitter users are following 50 or fewer other Twitter users
- 10% of Twitter users aren’t following anyone at all
- More women than men have made their accounts private, at 63.6%
- Women tweet more than men do
What about you? How do you use Twitter? Are you a lurker, or a contributer?