If you were to get married again, what are some things that you would do differently to save a little money?
Would you elope instead of throwing a large reception? Would you do a destination wedding in order to cut down on the guest list? Would you use eVite or social media in order to make your invitations affordable?
American Express posed the question about CUTTING WEDDING COSTS to over 1500 adults, and they came up with these 13 TIPS FOR SAVING MONEY AND MAKING A WEDDING MORE AFFORDABLE.
- Pare down or eliminate the reception
- Don’t use a wedding planner
- Use a less expensive venue
- Cut down the guest list
- Use less expensive stationery
- Downgrade the wedding decorations
- Assemble your own guest favors
- Create your own centerpieces
- Design or print your own invitations or save the date cards
- Make a homemade wedding album
- Use an iPod or other music player to play a custom playlist rather than hiring a DJ or a band
- Make your own wedding dress
- Bake or decorate your own cake