If you were to get married again, what are some things that you would do differently to save a little money?
Would you elope instead of throwing a large reception? Would you do a destination wedding in order to cut down on the guest list? Would you use eVite or social media in order to make your invitations affordable?
A Practical Wedding:
Creative Ideas for Planning a Beautiful, Affordable, and Meaningful Celebration
American Express posed the question about CUTTING WEDDING COSTS to over 1500 adults, and they came up with these 13 TIPS FOR SAVING MONEY AND MAKING A WEDDING MORE AFFORDABLE.
- Pare down or eliminate the reception
- Don’t use a wedding planner
- Use a less expensive venue
- Cut down the guest list
- Use less expensive stationery
- Downgrade the wedding decorations
- Assemble your own guest favors
- Create your own centerpieces
- Design or print your own invitations or save the date cards
- Make a homemade wedding album
- Use an iPod or other music player to play a custom playlist rather than hiring a DJ or a band
- Make your own wedding dress
- Bake or decorate your own cake