There are people who believe in evolution, and people who don’t.
The question is, which side of the fence do you belong to?
If you believe a survey by PEW, you’ll know that NOT EVERYBODY BELIEVES IN EVOLUTION at all.
From a political viewpoint:
- 65% of independent voters believe in evolution
- 43% of Republicans believe in evolution (this is down significantly from the 2009 version of this survey — does this mean that Republicans are becoming more and more likely to not belive in evolution?)
- 67% of Democrats believe in evolution
From a religious viewpoint:
- 33% of white evangelical Protestants believe in evolution vs 78% of “mainline” Protestants
- Almost 70% of white Catholics believe in evolution vs 53% of Hispanic Catholics