Web Watch isn’t the best to tell you what you should or shouldn’t be eating, most likely because we would never listen to a thing we say about this (“do as we say, not as we do” doesn’t apply to us, it seems).
But our good friends over at EAT THIS, NOT THAT have come up with a list of the FIVE GROSSEST THINGS YOU’RE EATING that will probably make you think again about the crap that you’re putting into your body every day.
You’d think that with a title like that, the list would be fairly disgusting.
Take item #5, for instance.
Really? That’s the grossest thing you can come up with that we’re putting into our bodies?
Well, it’s kinda true. They’re talking about some of the additives found in packaged breads (likely our favorite white squishy bread, perfect for grilled cheese and PB&J sandwiches). Things like bird feathers.
Yeah, thought so. Kinda gross, right?
What were the other 4 items on their list?
- Shrimp (only eat domestic shrimp)
- Salad dressing (make your own instead)
- Jelly beans (those pretty colors? not what you think)
- Canned mushrooms (you really don’t want to know why this is. Actually, you do – click that link above and find out why)
- The “Don’t Eat That, Don’t Eat That” Diet. Lose weight by not eating gross stuff
- 10 Things NOT to do while eating at a restaurant
- Announcing the 2011 Xtreme Eating Awards – the 8 highest calorie restaurant menu items
- Seven foods that you should never, ever eat
- Foods That Help You Fall Asleep
- Claim the FATTY 50 VICTORY in the Fifty Phenomenal Fattiest Foods Challenge