Looking for something fun to do?
Why not take a few minutes to poke around with Google?
(“Hey, Web Watch – we already know how to use Google,” you say. Of course you do. But here’s how to have FUN with Google search…)
You know how Google does that cute little autocomplete thing when you start to type in a search term?
What Google is doing is making some educated guesses about the next letters or words you’re going to type, based on other popular phrases that Google has been requested to return results for.
So 10 years ago, if you started typing “Obama”, Google would likely have no idea what you would be searching for. Today, Google will start autopopulating that search with “Obama Approval Rating” or “Obama Birth Certificate” — both having been popular search phrases in recent months/years.
So what are some of the things that you can get Google to show you? Let’s take a look at some sample phrases found with just a few letters:
- I D = I didn’t know I was pregnant
- IS A = Is a potato a vegetable
- WHA = What is the cinnamon challenge (Web Watch already covered this, in case you really were wondering…)
- DO M = Do men have periods?
- WHEN IS IT = time to break up
- WHAT F = What foods make you poop
- DO P = Do pap smears hurt
- DO G = Do genital warts go away
- HOW COME A = How come Americans are so dumb
- WHY IS = Why is my poop green?
- CAN YOU = Can you die from the cinnamon challenge? (Yes, in case you were wondering. Don’t do it.)
- HOW B = How big is a queen size bed
- WHICH = Which ear is the gay ear?
- CAN I P = Can I paint while pregnant?
Just use the basic “How”, “Can”, “When”, “What” (etc) type questions and a few of your favorite letters, and you’ll be laughing all night long… and come up with one or two zinger questions to ask at your next social gathering.