Web Watch loves a good cocktail, as frequent readers would recognize.
And while we have previously covered how to order a drink at a bar, it’s time to also review this important piece of advice:
There are some drinks — okay, many drinks – that BARTENDERS HATE TO MAKE FOR YOU.
So don’t, under any circumstances, order any of the following cocktails or drinks at your favorite watering hole, lest you find yourself without a favorite bartender who will wait on you.
Unless you tip well, in which case go ahead and order whatever damn drink you want.
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF DRINKS YOU SHOULD NEVER ORDER AT A BAR
- Anything with milk
- Anything that ends in “-tini” that’s not your standard Dean Martin-tribute martini. That’s right – no sour apple martinis (“appletini”) for you today
- Anything with more than three different liquors in it. If it’s hard to describe, or doesn’t use the standard liquor bases (gin, vodka, rum, tequila, scotch, whiskey, etc) that are always in easy reach for the bartender, then you don’t want to order it.
- Anything that rhymes with “Jell-O”. Like Jell-O.
- Anything with Red Bull
- Anything you can’t spell. That goes for you, Goldschlager.
- Anything you wouldn’t bring home to mom. Like a “porn star”.
- Anything with more sugar in it than is required by simple syrup. As one bartender quoted in the linked article says, “if you can’t taste the alcohol, you won’t respect the drink”. Besides, the higher the sugar content, the worse the hangover is going to be.
So what about you – do you have any drinks that are absolute turn-offs when you see someone ordering them at the bar? Or do you believe that you cna order whatever you want as long as you’re willing to pay for it?