We all need to eat less and exercise more. That’s the basic principle behind losing weight and getting in shape.
For some, getting a Fitbit or similar is the catalyst they need to get their 10,000 steps a day – and if that’s the ONLY thing you’re attempting to do compared to your old habits, then that’s a step in the right direction. Pun intended.
But walking more isn’t the only thing that people can do to help kickstart their diet and health plan.
GQ MAGAZINE recently published their 10 EASY TIPS TO A HEALTHIER YOU that are really some great suggestions on how you could, in theory, reduce your caloric intake by over 10,000 calories a week. Walking more is already on the list, so let’s take a look at the other nine suggestions they have:
- Use olive oil instead of butter to grease your cookware
- Eat off of small, blue plates instead of larger plates in other colors
- Drink a glass of water before every meal
- Use more spices instead of sauces
- Stop drinking soda
- Drink your coffee black, as nature intended
- Drink less beer, or at the very least switch to a lighter, low calorie beer
- Get a standing desk for work
- Fire the maid and clean your house yourself. Ditto the lawn guy.
What are YOUR helpful tips for eating less and exercising more? Leave your crazy thoughts in the comments below