Halloween is known for three things:
- children asking strangers for candy
- women getting free reign to wear the sluttiest costumes ever
- people gorging themselves on post-Halloween candy sales
Look, it’s the beginning of the “let’s get happy and fat holiday season”, so why not start it off with a handful of your favorite candy snacks?
But you’re a responsible adult with your money.
You don’t want to run out and buy just any sort of candy for your sweet tooth – you want to get the most bang for your buck. This is why parents never buy Dove chocolate or Godiva truffles to pass out to neighborhood children.
They go for the cheap stuff instead. Mini Tootsie Rolls. Brachs hard candy. Single peanuts in their shell.
But if you don’t want to get your house egged and are still watching your dollars, you need to know WHAT IS THE LEAST EXPENSIVE – BUT GOOD – CANDY TO BUY ON HALLOWEEN? The answer is quite simple:
Go for the Skittles. You get the maximum candy weight for the cheapest price. All the more to eat.
Also qualifying for the least expensive per weight category are Snickers, M&Ms, and the standard Hershey’s bar.
But let’s say it’s 5:54pm on Halloween night and you’re rushing to get home, suddenly realizing that you don’t have any candy left after you ate it all in a post-munchie haze. Where should you go to buy the most candy at the cheapest price?
Head to Wal-Mart. KMart and Target are also good choices. Try to avoid Walgreen’s if cost is your primary concern, rather than convenience. Then again, there’s a reason Walgreen’s is always the place you rush out to at the last minute, since you know that they’ll still have candy stock.
$5 for a bag of Pop Rocks is a small price to pay to avoid having to wash egg off your garage door.
- Got the Post-Halloween Candy Bug? Try HotLix!
- Be creative this Halloween. Don’t be *that* guy.
- Need a last minute Halloween costume idea? Here are some ideas…
- Zombie Fun: How to “Eat Your Face” for Halloween
- How to dress like Honey Boo Boo (and other Halloween ideas)
- Looking for GOOD Halloween costume ideas? Try WTFCostumes.com