Do you have friends whose kids are properly adorable and polite when at events when adults are present? Or do those parents just tell the kids to go “play in the basement” where they can raise all the hell they want?
Are the kids able to hold a reasonable conversation and behave themselves? Or is it like a living version of RUFUS & GALLANT, with Gallant nowhere to be seen?
If so, then you may want to check out these 25 MANNERS EVERY KID SHOULD KNOW and be sure that YOUR kids (or your friends’ kids) are following these as best they can. Here’s some of those on the list:
- When asking for something, say “Please” and “Thank you”
- Do not interrupt grown-ups who are speaking with each other unless there is an emergency
- The world is not interested in what you dislike
- Do not comment on other people’s physical characteristics unless, of course, it’s to compliment that person
- Even if a play or an assembly is boring, sit through it quietly and pretend that you are interested
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and don’t pick your nose in public