Yes, many people are afraid of clowns. They call it “COULROPHOBIA”
Even mentioning the word “clown” can bring some people to tears, as if they’re being tortured by a clown.
An aside — if you have the chance to see Bruce Nauman’s art piece CLOWN TORTURE, do it. After a while, you’ll be asking yourself, “are the clowns being tortured, or are we being tortured by these clowns?” – just like these three clowns said when they were asked to view the art piece themselves.
Or, like TOO MUCH JOY said in their hit, CLOWNS: “I hate clowns… and I hate mimes”.
Yeah, clowns can be a little polarizing.
Which is why Web Watch readers should pop over to Cheese9 and see their chart of 10 REASONS WHY PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF CLOWNS. Among them are:
- the diabetic nature of the clown lifestyle
- baggy clothes hide state parole tracking devices
- Weird body odor
and seven other items. Creeped out yet? You will be…
- The 25 Most Common Clown Names are not a laughing matter
- Science proves many pick-up truck drivers are idiots
- News flash: Science proves that women are worse at parking cars than men are
- Science proves that “good” dancers are more attractive, desirable breeders
- Food Humor: Why don’t cannibals eat clowns? Because they TASTE funny!
- Cramming in Year-End Healthcare, and other Stuff that Unemployed People Like