If you’re a foodie and you haven’t had a chance to catch John Favreau’s film CHEF yet, then stop right now and go watch it. We’ll wait.
Basically, it’s a movie that’s an ode to food. Good food. What food does to relationships, to life.
Why food is so important that we’ve elevated those who prepare our daily bread to practical rock star status.
So if you’ve ever considered becoming a chef or otherwise entering the food service industry, we’re sure you’ve wondered HOW MUCH MONEY DO CHEFS MAKE?
StarChefs.com has been running an annual survey on CHEF SALARIES, and here’s what you can expect to see if you enter the glamorous world of the professional kitchen:
- Chef: $66,115 (yeah, this seemed low to us too, especially considering that the previous year showed that Chef earned $82,591 on average. What’s up with that?)
- Executive Chef: $84,154
- Chef de Cuisine: $54,827
- Sous Chef: $42,059
- Line Cook: $28,.367
- Pastry Chef: $56,383
- Private Chef: $71,667
- Top 10 Most Successful Celebrity Chefs
- One of the top pastry chefs in America works at Dunkin’ Donuts? We’ll take a dozen, now!
- How much money do doctors make an hour?
- Women will make the most money in these six US states
- Twecipes – Chefs Cook Up Recipes with Twitter
- Top 5 Restaurant Dishes That Should Never Be Served Ever Again