- On average, women own 21 pairs of underwear, mainly for convenience sake, so they don’t have to do laundry as often. 10% of women surveyed owned 35 or more pairs.
- 47% feel sexier and more confident when they wear their “special” panties.
- 27% said that their mood would be negatively affected from wearing uncomfortable or unattractive underwear
- The most popular color palette were neutral, being reported by 65% of respondents. White was the most popular color, followed by black and beige
- The most popular style, at 46%, were briefs. Women aged 18-34 were more likely to wear bikini-style
- When it comes to putting their delicate lingerie away after doing the laundry, 56% fold their underwear while 27% just toss their panties into the dresser drawer
- When complaining about their underwear, 30% said they hated getting wedgies the most. 19% hated panty lines and bunching, and 14% wanted more rear coverage.
And for all you who were wondering about those who go without wearing underwear at all? 10% of women surveyed said they go commando on a regular basis.