Today’s obsession with mobile devices has gone a little bit too far.
A survey released by presentation company SlideRocket says that BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS WOULD RATHER LEAVE THEIR HOUSE WITHOUT THEIR UNDERWEAR THAN LEAVE THEIR CELLPHONE BEHIND.
The survey was part of a demo of their new software product that they claim makes better presentations. Web Watch can’t argue with that, as PowerPoint makes bad presentations by bad presenters even worse.
Some other items in the survey include:
- Professionals would rather leave their houe unlocked than leave the phone at home
- 90% make sales presentations away from the office. Of those, 45% present over a meal, 30% present over drinks at a bar, and 13% attempt presentations on airplanes.
- Some respondents said that they’ve done presentations in an ambulance and on the Great Wall of China.
- 56% carry both a smartphone or iPad, and a laptop.
- The number one most critical item NOT to forget when travelling? The mobile device.