They say that you can tell a lot about a place of business (whether it be a fancy hotel, a fast-food restaurant, or your neighbor’s house — assuming your neighbor’s place would be considered a place of business) just by looking at their bathroom.
If the bathroom is dirty, then it’s likely the rest of the establishment isn’t being kept up-to-par.
If it’s a sparkly-clean restroom, then you can tell that the business cares about their customers.
So that’s why CINTAS, one of the leaders in janitorial products and services, has come up with the annual AMERICA’S BEST RESTROOM contest.
The rules are simple:
- Any publically-accessible restroom is eligible.
- Previous winners get to sit out one year – you know, to avoid duplicate wins and dominating the contest. (If only the Emmy Awards would consider this rule.)
- Nominations are based on eligibility, style, comments, and overall cooperation with the process.
Web Watch can proudly say that we’ve had the pleasure of visiting a number of the BATHROOM HALL OF FAME winners, including The Grand Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi and the wonderfully quirky restrooms at JUNGLE JIM’S INTERNATIONAL MARKET in Fairfield, Ohio. (Seriously – if you have the opportunity to visit Jungle Jim’s and NOT check out their restrooms, you’re cheating yourself.)
This year’s nominees include the following facilities:
- Liberty Market – Gilbert, Arizona
- Hollywood Bowl – Hollywood California
- Gitane Restaurant – San Francisco, California
- Mie N Yu Restaurant – Washington DC
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel – Chicago, Illinois
- Walker Art Center – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Vanity Night Club – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Da Marino Ristorante Italiano – New York, New York
- Buc-ee’s – New Braunfels, Texas
- Lane Stadium – Blacksburg Virginia
There’s plenty of time to vote — bathroom fans have until October 26th to cast their choices for who they feel will be The Best Bathroom in America!