How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
If you’re anything like some Web Watch friends, flip flops are all you wear. You have your fancy flip flops, your office flip flops, your hanging out around town flip flops, your after-exercise flip flops, your going to the pool flip flops.
Remember when Web Watch told you that you should NEVER WEAR FLIP FLOPS AT THE OFFICE?
Apparenly, some of you need another reminder…
Look, this isn’t us telling you that you shouldn’t do this.
Foot doctors are telling you that constant wearing of FLIP FLOPS ARE BAD FOR YOUR FEET. Click the link to that article, and you’ll see the reference about FLIP FLOPS ARE UNDERWEAR FOR YOUR FEET – everyone knows what you’re wearing… you just don’t need to show it off all the time.
Here are some of the health issues you may run into if you are a chronic flip flop wearer:
- They’re unsanitary
- Leave the foot more vulnerable to injury
- Does not provide an adequate level of support, leading to degradation of the foot joints
- Your toes can get a “clawing” effect
- Soft tissue problems from improper sole
- Inward rolling of the foot, leading to collapsed ankles