As you get closer to the birth of your new baby, you may start to wonder whether you should stick with a name from one of those baby books, or whether you should go off the beaten path and name your child after, let’s say, your favorite character.
Some people have done this successfully, such as Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller who (with his wife’s blessing, we assume) decided to name his daughter Moxie Crimefighter. Who can’t say that a crimefighter isn’t a favorite character somewhere along the way?
But let’s say that you have more personal favorites from the world of books, games, food products, or other marketing. Why wouldn’t you want to name your child after one of those characters… if ONLY YOU KNEW WHAT THEIR REAL NAMES WERE?!?!?
We can thank the folks over at MENTAL FLOSS for doing the legwork for us, as they’ve compiled a list of the ACTUAL NAMES FOR FICTIONAL CHARACTERS in the below video.
Before you click PLAY, let’s see if you can guess the names of the following:
- Pillsbury Doughboy (and his wife, kids, and pets)
- The Quaker Oats guy
- Captn Crunch
- Mrs Butterworth’s first name
- Comic Book Guy
- Futurama Mom
- The Cop, Jail Guy, or the Rich Dude in the middle of the Monopoly board
- Toy Story’s Woody has a last name
- Snuffleupagus is not Snuffleupagus’ first name. What is it?
- Cookie Monster has a real name
- Guy Smiley from Sesame Street
- Peppermint Patty from Peanuts
- The Teacher from Peanuts
- Mr Clean has a first name
- Barbie has a first, middle, and last name
- Ken has a last name
- The Operation dude with the light up nose
- The Man in the Yellow Hat
- The Penguin
- Wonder Woman
- Yoda. Yes, Yoda has a first name, and “Yoda” isn’t it
- The toad mushroom hat character dude from the Mario games
- Twitter’s bird icon has a name
- Mr Peanut’s real name
- The Michelin Man
- The Evil Queen from Snow White
- Jughead from Archie comics has a real name
- Charmin’s Mr Whipple’s first name
- The Church Lady from SNL has a name
- Casper’s family name
- The Toys R Us giraffe has a name. It’s not Geoffery.
- Shaggy from Scooby Doo has a real name
- Scooby-Doo has a real name too
- MacGyver’s first name
- The full name of Mr T’s character on The A-Team
- Entourage’s Turtle
- Wilson on Home Improvement has a full name
- Night Court’s Bull has a full name
- Boomhaur on King of the Hill has a first name
- Everyone should know the name of The Skipper from Gilligan’s Island by this point, especially if you’ve been to enough lame bar trivia contests
- The Professor, on the other hand, is not as commonly known. But he does have a full name too.
- Columbo has two different first names, depending on what source you’re referring to
Catch the video below to get all the answers:
44 Fictional Character Names Revealed!